Download the fully functional 30-day trial version
Size: 1.39 MB
Overview of Informatik xPrint Image Driver
( Tiff Driver, Printer Driver, Raster Driver, Tiff Printer Driver )
Informatik xPrint ™ converts any printable document, into single-page or multi-page TIFF or PDF, or other common graphics formats. Informatik xPrint works like a printer, but instead of printing to paper, it creates TIFF or PDF files. Simply send the Microsoft Word, PDF, Excel, text, etc. document to the driver (from the Print menu) and an industry-standard compressed single or multipage TIFF or PDF file, or serialized single-page TIFF or PDF (also PDF/A) files are created. The output files are format compliant with the strictest industry standards.
The driver can be used to convert legacy and proprietary graphics formats; any file, any format that can be printed in Windows can be converted to a graphic file.
The program file is less than 1.5mb; it installs in just a few seconds. The program requires .NET Framework version 3.5 or later. If you do not have Framework 3.5 on your computer it can be freely downloaded from the Microsoft webpage.
For a short slide presentation on xPrint click here.
For many years we have sold the Informatik Image Driver. We have now released the new Informatik xPrint Image Driver. Informatik xPrint offers several advantages over other image drivers:
- The converted image is displayed before you save it.
- Many markup and edit options are available, such as text annotations, watermarks, redactions, highlighting, rubber stamps, text bubbles, image inserts, drawings shapes, etc.
- No need to install a separate printer driver. Installations and un-installations of printer drivers are often problematic. Informatik xPrint uses the reliable Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the printer driver.
- Informatik xPrint costs a small fraction of the Informatik Image Driver.
- The same version runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines.
- Individual pages can be saved with different compressions. For example, if a page of a multi-page file is a photograph you can save that page as a JPEG-compressed Tiff and save all other pages a monochrome; this unique feature can potentially reduce the file size by half or more.
Informatik xPrint supports both the 32-bit and 64-bit processors.
You can also convert MS Word, MS Excel and MS Publisher documents to TIFF directly without a printer driver with our new Doc2Tiff program. Doc2Tiff comes in command-line and desktop version, ideal for batch processing. The commandline version returns an exit code, so it can be run like a DLL. Read more about Doc2Tiff.
- Converted images are displayed before you save them
- Many markup and edit options:
- Freehand drawing
- Lines, arrows, shapes, paths
- Color Highlighting
- Redaction (white or black)
- Text Annotations
- Curved Text
- Text Bubbles
- Image Inserts
- Transparent or opaque rendering of inserts
- Supported output formats: TIFF, PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Tiff Compressions: CCITT3, CCITT4, LZW, JPEG. TIFF-JPEG compression creates the smallest possible file sizes for photo-type images
- Option to mix different compressions for pages
- xPrint allows different pages of a multipage file to be of different compressions, This is highly desirable if one page is a photo and you like to convert the photo page in JPEG-compressed TIFF.
- Small footprint. The combined file size of the image driver is less than 1.5mb, a fraction of the typical size of other TIFF printer drivers.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support
- Page serialization
- Page appending (for TIFF formats)
- Monochrome, 8-bit and 24-bit color support.
- No need to install separate printer driver. xPrint uses the reliable Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the printer driver.
Click here to read PDF manual.
- Extended Maintenance
- The software may be purchased with extended 3-year maintenance. The basic maintenance is for 12 month. The extended maintenance is for 3 years. The maintenance covers free downloads and licensing of new versions for that extended period (minor and major upgrades) and free online support. Major upgrades may require updated operating systems and frameworks. Not all legacy and new graphics formats are or will be supported. There is no guarantee that all operating systems, or new or changed graphics formats will be supported. For site licenses all support requests must be channeled through one person. Support is primarily via email.
- Single Licenses
- A Single License allows you to install the software on one (1) stand-alone personal
computer. One or more persons may use the software on that personal computer, but no
networked use is allowed. In addition, the software may be installed on one (1) laptop for
home or travelling use.
If you need multiple licenses, specify the number of licenses in the online order window. For three or more licenses you may want to order the lower-priced 5-pack.
- 5-Pack, 10-Pack
- The 5-Pack and the 10-Pack allow you to install the software as 5, respectively 10, Single Licenses with the rights and limitations of the Single Licenses as described above. The software may be installed at different locations but for the same company (including parent, subsidiary or affiliate). If you need multiple Packs, specify the number of packs in the online order window. For a large number of 10-Packs contact us for special pricing.
- Site License
- You are licensed to install the program on an unlimited number of computers at one company location. If you have multiple company locations with many users you may want to consider an Enterprise license. Technical support must be channeled through central person. Discounted prices are available for multiple site licenses. Depending on the makeup of the user base you may want to have a mix of user packs and site license.
- Server License
- If you install the program on a server, each significant user requires a license. Alternatively, a site license covers all users connected to the server. The server license does NOT cover web servers.
- Enterprise License
- An Enterprise License covers all users of a company, anywhere in the country and worldwide. The coverage typically includes parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. All technical support must be handled via a central person. We do not have fixed license fees for enterprise licenses. A fixed price can be quoted based on a bona fide estimate of the number of users. Once a fixed price is quoted it will be valid for an unlimited number of users, regardless of the initial bona fide estimate. Enterprise licenses are not valid for web servers, unless specifically agreed.
- Developer Licenses (Royalty Free)
- For TiffDLL and Tiffmaker DLLs only: It allows your applications to be installed on an unlimited number of PCs (including servers). You will need a license for every developer using the DLL. Technical support is available to the developer, not end-users.
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- 32 or 64-bit Operating System
- 1 GB Ram
- Microsoft Framework 3.5 or higher
Informatik Scan is a versatile scanning software for TWAIN compliant scanners. The scanned image is displayed and can be saved as a single or multipage TIFF or PDF file or in many other common graphics formats. Features include: previews, thumbnails, page separators, despeckle, deskew, blank-page recognition, black border removal, border cleanup, crop, rotate, redactions, auto-incrementing file naming, multi-page functions such as insert page, append page, page re-arranging, page exclusion.Read More...
Informatik Reformat is a universal graphics reformatting and transformation utility, an ideal tool for document management and document imaging systems. Reformat supports single and multipage TIFF files of various compressions (and over 20 current and legacy graphics formats).Read More...
User-interactive and batch processing of PDF files. Markup options include: drawings, shapes, redactions, highlighting, text annotations, watermarks, image inserts, text balloons, stamps, and more.Read More...
PDF Complete is an all-in-one user-interactive program for marking up, converting, splitting, merging, concatenating PDF files. Ideal for both single-page and batch processing: individual files, selected files, entire folders, nested subfolders. The program features ten markup options. PDF Complete also includes the functionalities of the PDF Markup, a user-interactive PDF file markup utility. For more information, click on the PDF Complete and PDF Markup tabs below.Read More...