Download the fully functional 30-day trial version
Overview of Informatik Scan
Informatik Scan is a universal user-interactive a scanning software program compatible with TWAIN compliant scanners. The scanned images are displayed and can be saved as a single or multipage TIFF or PDF (also PDF/A) file or in many other common graphics formats, including JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Features include Optical Character Recognition (OCR), auto-incrementing file naming, multi-page functions, redaction (white-out, blackout), border removal, thumbnail display, separator sheets, individual and global rotations, auto-trimming,black border removal, cropping, deskewing, and more. For a complete list of features see the section below.
Informatik Scan is a perfect companion to our Informatik Archiver and Infothek document management software.
Compatible with the latest (and all recent) Windows operating systems.
A separate program is available for scanning documents and automatically naming the output (single page or multi-page) according to a barcode or text on the scanned pages or separator pages. Most barcode symbologies are supported, as well as OCR. The program is very versatile with many options. The license is included with the main Informatik Scan, or it can be purchased separately at a reduced price.
Highlights - Scanning Software
- Scanning to a Workfile so that changes can be made before saving the file: Re-arrange, remove, group pages; Deskew, border cleanup, crop, redact (white or black), rotate, remove black borders Scanned pages are displayed as thumbnails and full-size for editing
- Flatbed, ADF, duplex
- Deskew, despeckle, rotation, inversion
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Blank sheet recognition
- Support for common graphics file formats: multipage TIFF, PDF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, and others.
- Industry standard TIFF compressions: CCITT4 (Group 4), CCITT3, LZW, JPEG-compressed TIFF, mixed compressions in multi-page files
- Output to PDF format, single page, multi-page (standard or encrypted, also support for PDF/A)
- Serialized page output, auto-incrementing file numbering
- Add new scanned pages to an existing TIFF file, re-arrange pages
- Append, insert scanned pages to back, front, anywhere
- Separator pages
- Duplex simulation (interleave pages)
- Barcode recognition for file naming and page separation
- Optional direct Scan-and-save without Workfile.
Click here to read PDF manual.
Order online now in the store. (It will open in a separate browser window) Purchase Now
- Single Licenses
- A Single License allows you to install the software on one (1) stand-alone personal computer. One or more persons may use the software on that personal computer, but no networked use is allowed. The software may be installed on one (1) laptop for home or travelling use. If the software is installed on a local server, it may be used on one (1) workstation.
- Multi-user packs
- The terms are the same as for the single license, but the software may be installed on the specified number of stand-alone personal computers. The installations can be at different sites, but for the same company (including parent, subsidiaries).
- Site License
- You are licensed to install the program on an unlimited number of computers, including servers, at one (1) company location. Technical support must be channeled through a central person. Discounted prices are available for multiple site licenses.
- Server License
- The terms are the same as for the site license. Most users of the software must be at the same location. Technical support must be channeled through a central person. The server license does not cover web servers unless specifically agreed.
- Enterprise License
- An Enterprise License covers all users of a company, anywhere in the country and worldwide. The coverage typically includes parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. All technical support must be handled via a central person. We do not have fixed license fees for enterprise licenses. A fixed price can be quoted based on a bona fide estimate of the number of users. Once a fixed price is quoted it will be valid for an unlimited number of users, regardless of the initial bona fide estimate. Enterprise licenses are not valid for web servers, unless specifically agreed.
- Developer Licenses (TiffDLL200 DLL)
- Applications developed with the TiffDLL200 DLL may be deployed to an unlimited number of end-users of licensee (personal computers or servers, but not web servers). For deployment of to non-licensees, please inquire. The command-line version of the TiffDLL200 follows the terms of the regular non-developer licenses listed above.